3. configure xasbuild
preliminary location of this page is at IFCTR
interim location of this page should be at ITESRE
final location of this page should be at SAX-SDC
You have successfully installed XAS inclusive of executables and can therefore
to customize and run it.
In no case you need to recompile XAS now
However, in order to make easier future
it is suggested that you spend 5 minutes to configure things now.
There is no configuration requested, as there is no make-like facility
provided for VMS XAS, just some very simple tools for
There are no Makefiles supplied with XAS, but they will be generated
utility in the way most suitable for your system.
It is suggested that you generate the makefiles now running xasbuild as shown below.
This will create in most of the $XASTOP subdirectories files named Makefile_system,
where system is e.g. ULTRIX, SunOS, etc. Makefiles for different operating systems may
coexist in the same directory due to the presence of the suffix.
- make sure that $XASTOP is defined and points to the right place
- run $XASTOP/config/Scripts/xasbuild (it is actually suggested you
create a permanent alias for that).
- select option 1 to create the Makefiles
- you will be prompted for a few questions
- What is the root directory for XAS (XASTOP)?
- default (carriage return) is the usual answer
- libraries for ULIBDIR. With the current distribution, the correct answer, if you want
to use the libraries distributed, is
- default pgplot
- default fitsio
- default X11
- carriage return
- Select the destination directory for the XAS library
- Select the destination directory for the executables
- for both carriage return is the usual answer
- select option 7 to exit